Sailing Seminars March 2022
What: 4 sailing clinics on GYC club boat:
- Sailing Skills & Docking skills
- Sailing skills & Anchoring skills
- Sailing skills & Passage planning (reading charts, understanding tides ¤ts)
- Introduction to sailing keelboats for Youth (ages 14-18)
Where: Gibsons Marina & sailing area
Who: These clinics will be run by Sail Canada certified instructor: Giselle Hood
- Sailing Skills & Docking Skills –FULL
- March 14th, 2022 – 9:00-3:00pm
- Sailing skills & Anchoring Skills – 2 SPOTS LEFT
- March 15th, 2022 – 9:00-3:00pm
- Sailing skills & Passage Planning – 2 SPOTS LEFT
- March 17th, 2022 – 9:00-3:00pm
- Possible Second day of Sailing Skills & Docking Skills – 4 SPOTS LEFT
(Will only run if 2 or more people sign up)
- March 18th, 2022 – 9:00-3:00pm
Who can sign up?
Anyone who is a GYC or CPS member can sign up. Ages 14 plus please.
What is the cost?
The cost is $125 per person per seminar. Each clinic will only run if there is at least 2 people signed up, and the max is 4 people per clinic.
Will there be more sailing clinics?
As I am an elementary school teacher here in Gibsons, I have a couple of weeks off during March. If the clinics fill up quickly and there is a lot of demand, I may consider opening up more clinics during March Break (March 12-27). I may also run clinics this summer depending on club boat availability. I am also available for private instruction.
To sign up contact Giselle Hood at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Instructor
Giselle Hood is an educator and life-long sailor. She has been teaching sailing for 15 years, has racing experience, and is a passionate cruiser. Giselle’s mission is to guide new skippers and crew from all walks of life to become confident and capable sailors. Her relaxed and professional teaching approach helps put learners at ease while sparking a love for sailing.